Volunteering Opportunity

Good Morning everyone,

I hope you are all keeping well and safe during these uncertain times.

I am reaching out as an aspiring IFA, having self-taught and passed the first 3 exams - all in the first attempt - of the Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning. For personal reasons I am living in Germany until 2022 but during this time I am very keen to gain valuable experience in the IFA Industry. During the next 2 years I will be taking my final 3 exams but I recognise the importance of having experience under my belt.

For those reasons, I am writing to offer my services, on an initial voluntary basis, in order to assist with any Paraplanning or Administration work. I understand this is a difficult time for all businesses, so I hope this could also be of help to you. Whilst I have very little experience at this point, I am very capable and an extremely fast learner, which I demonstrated both whilst gaining a First Class Degree in Mathematics with Business from the University of Birmingham, and by working my way up from a Customer Service Advisor to a member of the Management Board in my previous role.

My proposal is that I can offer up to 10 hours per week, outside of my full time job, in order to both assist you with your workload and develop my knowledge in this industry. After a certain amount of development, my hope is that I can be able to provide sufficient value to your business that I can start to be paid for my work, and I imagine this point would be reached after 2-3 months but that is open for negotiation.

My Excel skills are excellent and I am comfortable using formulas, pivot tables and vlookup functions. I pick up ideas and processes very quickly, so it should be very straightforward for you to train me. Furthermore, I can imagine that during this pandemic, attitudes to remote working have changed, so hopefully it will be no problem that I carry out these tasks remotely from Germany.

If you reach out to me I can provide my CV, latest reference and education certificates.

Any opportunities or advice is much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Leo Dennis