Unipass Letter of Authority

CHMDMC00CHMDMC00 Member, Moderator

Hi
I thought it was worth creating a post to mention the new automated LETTER OF AUTHORITY systems that is coming later this year, ULOA. Created by Origo.

David Hall at Origo kindly did a demo for us last week, and from what I have seen, it looks good! The idea being that you obtain a single electronic signature, and then use the system to send the LOA directly to multiple providers. You can also get “real time” status updates, meaning no more hanging on the telephone when chasing.

Most of the main product providers have been involved in the planning, and they are hoping to launch Sept/Oct time.

I am sure there will still be cases that fall outside “the norm”, but in the main it should help to streamline a lot of the work. They hope to launch with pensions initially, and then introduce investments and protection. The information supplied by the product providers will be supplied in an agreed consistent format.

It will be free initially, but likely a small licence fee later down the line (about £8.50).

origo.com/services/UnipassLetterofAuthority/services-unipassletterofauthority.aspx