Defaqto Engage Report Writing Soultion - Comments?

As a firm, we currently use Defaqto for Whole of Market Research. One of the features the "Core Plus" offers is a Suitability Report tool.

Has anyone used this?
Any feedback?

I like the idea of being able to link research into the reports and it would save on costs compared to using the likes of PPOL or Genovo. Currently, use PPOL.

I tried to do something with the tool last night (SIPP with some plans within it) and think I could have written the report in the time I'd taken to try and add some plans.

But after reading some of the comments I'm tempted to do my own thing with reports. It would save money and some of the time it takes editing the reports to get them to look right, and following the online discussion yesterday I have some great pointers from a design perspective.

Perhaps I've answered my own questions here but welcome feedback on the tool.

Many Thanks

Comments

• I think Centra (through simply biz) is just defaqto with different labels.. I found the Centra report generator was rubbish. I write most of my own content (save to quick parts and reuse/tweak) except risk warnings and appendices. My template is a very flexible / modular running order and lots of quick parts categorised by report section.

For me and my firm, this is the right balance between ideal and getting cases done. I'm a perfectionist at heart but in my more pragmatic head, I think that once the work is good enough, there's a diminishing return on effort (the more additional effort, the less the additional benefit).

Maybe you have time and skill I didn't but my personal experience was that I was not efficient when attempting to go fully bespoke all at once. I'd say keep on a Genovo / similar just to run it and insert certain bits into your nicely formatted / bespoke report. Also cross reference their content against yours.

If you're using Word I have some advanced training material I can share.