Zoom

Hi there. Are there any zoom experts who might be able to help me with something? Well, actually, I'm asking for my wife. She is a private maths tutor and she is trialling zoom tutoring sessions soon as she has a compromised immune system due to the meds she is on so face to face is probably not the best idea right now!

She runs tutoring sessions that follow on from each other, and the plan is to send the link just as she is about to start each session. However, do you know if there is a way to either send the link earlier, or if one link can be used all the time? My thoughts are that the link is for one session only, but I also wonder if she is running a session and then another one immediately after, whether that will also cause any issues? We don't really want students logging on to find she is already online or just finishing up with her previous student as this could be quite distracting for all parties!

Apologies if this doesn't make a lot of sense, so happy to chat through over the phone (or zoom!) if that make things easier?

Comments

• richallumrichallum Administrator

I'd set teach session up as a separate meeting, eg:

Sam maths at 1pm
    Tom English 2pm
    etc

When you set up a meeting you'll get a different URL that can be sent to the relevant person. Zoom will also create a schedule so it's easy to switch between meetings.

Paraplanner. F1, Apple, Nutella, ice cream. No trite motivational quotes. Turning a bit northern. 

• @Andy_Schleider I'm about this evening for a few hours playing with IT at home. If you wanted to touch base on the phone?