April 2020 exam sittings - do you think these will go ahead?

EmKateEmKate Member
edited March 2020 in CPD & Exams

I was planning to sit an AF exam this April, but with the current coronavirus situation, wondered whether they may postpone the sitting.... ?

I have spoken to the CII an d they say at the moment as it stands, the April examinations will be going ahead. However, based on what I have heard and read, the worst is yet to come...

What are peoples thoughts on this, do you think that they could be postponed i.e May or June time or possibly added to the October sittings instead?

Thanks... :)

Comments

  • I also have an Easter booking (af5). I think there is very little chance they’ll go ahead in their usual form if at all (just a feeling). But I’m not so sure I’m going to stop prepping I guess.

  • Yeah im unsure if they will go ahead. I have J10 next week and AF4 for April...still revising just in case. If they are moved I am hoping its not till October as I wanted to get them over and done with this year! But cant be helped with the current situation.

  • AdminAdmin Administrator
    edited March 2020

    We're trying to get someone from CII to give us a comment on this. Will let you know if we get anywhere.

  • @Big Chief said:
    We're trying to get someone from CII to give us a comment on this. Will let you k ow if we get anywhere.

    Fab thank you

  • TimJTimJ Member

    Hi
    I am responding on behalf of the CII:

    The CII is reviewing the availability of examination centres in April in light of concerns about the spread of coronavirus.
    A decision on whether to postpone UK examinations will be made by the end of this week.
    The CII’s priority remains the health and safety of all members.

  • AdminAdmin Administrator

    Thank you popping on here to update us @TimJ . Let us know when you have a further update.

  • @TimJ said:
    Hi
    I am responding on behalf of the CII:

    The CII is reviewing the availability of examination centres in April in light of concerns about the spread of coronavirus.
    A decision on whether to postpone UK examinations will be made by the end of this week.
    The CII’s priority remains the health and safety of all members.

    Thanks Tim that's really helpful. Does this apply to examinations next week also or should I assume going ahead.

  • TimJTimJ Member

    @SW1990 said:

    @TimJ said:
    Hi
    I am responding on behalf of the CII:

    The CII is reviewing the availability of examination centres in April in light of concerns about the spread of coronavirus.
    A decision on whether to postpone UK examinations will be made by the end of this week.
    The CII’s priority remains the health and safety of all members.

    Thanks Tim that's really helpful. Does this apply to examinations next week also or should I assume going ahead.

    Hi, if you can email us you Name and PIN to [email protected] we can confirm that for you.

  • @TimJ said:

    @SW1990 said:

    @TimJ said:
    Hi
    I am responding on behalf of the CII:

    The CII is reviewing the availability of examination centres in April in light of concerns about the spread of coronavirus.
    A decision on whether to postpone UK examinations will be made by the end of this week.
    The CII’s priority remains the health and safety of all members.

    Thanks Tim that's really helpful. Does this apply to examinations next week also or should I assume going ahead.

    Hi, if you can email us you Name and PIN to [email protected] we can confirm that for you.

    Thanks Tim - I have sent an email from my work email now

  • richallumrichallum Administrator
    edited March 2020

    Expert Pensions has issued an email with a quote from CII:

    _This is first notice that CII written exams planned on 20th – 22nd April 2020 will be postponed, with students likely encouraged to take these exams at a new date tbc in October. We are in the process of drafting comms to all of our learners, to go out directly to them by the end of this week.

    For computer based tests, whether someone is currently self-isolating or is anxious about being in a public space, we will issue a free of charge exam voucher for a later date without the need for them to supply medical evidence._

    Paraplanner. F1, Apple, Nutella, ice cream. No trite motivational quotes. Turning a bit northern. 

  • Fab thanks Rich. I spoke to the CII a moment ago and they have given me a voucher for J10 to arrange once I know the revised AF4 dates. They were actually really helpful when I spoke to them on live chat and sorted it straight away if anyone needs any reassurance

  • EmKateEmKate Member

    @TimJ said:
    Hi
    I am responding on behalf of the CII:

    The CII is reviewing the availability of examination centres in April in light of concerns about the spread of coronavirus.
    A decision on whether to postpone UK examinations will be made by the end of this week.
    The CII’s priority remains the health and safety of all members.

    Thanks Tim, Sorry for the late response - I posted this and then with being busy forgot to log back on to see the responses... !

Sign In or Register to comment.