Most popular pension providers and products

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know where I could find out the following:

• Most popular pension providers (in terms of no. of accounts),
  • Most popular specific pension products (in terms of no. of accounts) - Eg. 'Aviva XYZ SIPP' rather than generic 'Aviva SIPP'

I can't find anything online but surely this sort of market research has been done before?

Enjoy the rest of your weekends,

Comments

• @PPWow said:
    Hi everyone,

Does anyone know where I could find out the following:

• Most popular pension providers (in terms of no. of accounts),
    • Most popular specific pension products (in terms of no. of accounts) - Eg. 'Aviva XYZ SIPP' rather than generic 'Aviva SIPP'

I can't find anything online but surely this sort of market research has been done before?

Enjoy the rest of your weekends,

Maybe not what you're after but have you thought about using a tool such as Defaqto and establishing the amount of Pension AUM for each provider. That would be my first port of call.

• PPWowPPWow Member

Hi Rwooffatst,

That's good thinking but I was hoping for the total no. of accounts. I guess AUM is an indicator of that but not quite what I'm looking for. I'm also looking for providers/accounts that are closed to new business you see.

I'm assuming this sort of information is being collated for those working on the pension dashboard so I'd be shocked if it doesn't exist. Equally, the FCA must have this information. I just wonder if anyone has seen this sort of info in the public domain?...