Business Email

Good morning Fam!

I am torn between Office 365 Business Essentials and G Suite Entreprise. From my search, 365 is the best option for storage and G Suite for security and protection. Any of you have experience with either for a one man band? I don’t have/need a website yet and just want a professional email. Thanks

Comments

• richallumrichallum Administrator

We have both but went all in on G. Love it.

Paraplanner. F1, Apple, Nutella, ice cream. No trite motivational quotes. Turning a bit northern. 

• > @richallum said:
    > We have both but went all in on G. Love it.

Thanks Richard

Re your comment about storage, was it space? WE have unlimited on our account.

Paraplanner. F1, Apple, Nutella, ice cream. No trite motivational quotes. Turning a bit northern. 

• Yes space. That 365 offers unlimited and G E 50GB and I thought with time it may become small.
  • I have 365 for myself and collaborate with a client using google. I really dislike google docs (almost as much as Macs, but there is not a lot in it!).

I love MileIQ which you get with 365 for free. Install it on your phone and it tracks your journeys automatically which is really helpful for me.

Plus you get the latest versions of Outlook, Word, Excel, and OneDrive for the storage. If you have sufficient security and are careful you shouldn't have too many problems

@Andy_Schleider you couldn't be more different to us - we're all in on Macs and Google :-)

We have 365 too and the updates for Office and the online versions are very good. Didn't get on with One Drive though.

We must be on either a legacy account or higher tier as we have no limit on storage. Just as well after all the years we've been doing this!

• Thanks Andy. I use a Mac and already have the Microsoft suite and whatever PC security Apple offers. I am the only user so that should be ok right?

I guess I was more interested in email security and document sharing with clients and space of course. I never got my head round google sharing or one drive but need to. Thank you both for your input. I will give 365 a try then and see how it goes.

@AlbertaNK make sure your data security policy is water tight whichever option you go with.

• > @richallum said:
    > @AlbertaNK make sure your data security policy is water tight whichever option you go with.

What will you suggest?

GDPR compliance is quite a big project but mostly common sense. There's some good stuff in ICO site. This is a good thread to start and there's others in here if you search.

• Thanks Richard.