R03

Hi there - Does anyone have any R03 past papers or information they can share.

Comments

• Hi Andrew, I took the R03 exam today & passed, having just used the CII’s 2019/20 exam paper and little revision. As long as you know how to do the calculations in the paper, then you should be able to get through the exam. I found I had 2 minutes left on the clock though. Good luck in your studies.

• Mine was the opposite. Yes, I had some calculations but nowhere near the number I was expecting. Most of them were pure knowledge, lifted straight from the textbook (eurgh!). You need to be careful with the time as well. 1 hour seems like enough time for 50 questions, but it gets away from you quickly if you get hung up on a calculation (which I did!). I forced myself to carry on and came back to it at the end. Something else which you are probably already aware of, read the questions carefully, as we all know they seem to be written to deliberately trip you up. One missed word can change the whole meaning of the question (and therefore your answer).

I don't know whether this will help, but I found it useful across all exams where calculations are possible, to note down formulae at the start of the ones you know immediately. It is surprising how blank your brain goes over a formula you know backwards, when faced with it in the exam!

I don't have any past papers, but for a small sum you can purchase question banks from the CII, which I found incredibly helpful, and helps you focus on revision areas as any incorrect answers link back to the specific part of the study text.

Good luck! :smile:

• Thanks Annie and Andy for the tips