Private Client Investment Advice & Management (PCIAM) CISI

Hi all

Just looking for some guidance

Has any one sat the PCIAM exam before? I so how did you find it

I've just sat J10, J12 booked for Feb, AF4 in April and thinking doing PCIAM in June - 100 credits total

From my understanding they all sort of interlink?

Whats everyones thoughts
Thanks
Rachel

Comments

• Very Interest in this.
    I need 3 AF papers to get chartered. AF1 April, AF4 October and PCIAM in June (30 CII Credits)
    Anyone who has sat this please let us know if you felt is was "like" AF4?
    Thanks

David

• @Rwood93 said:
    Hi all

I've just sat J10, J12 booked for Feb, AF4 in April and thinking doing PCIAM in June - 100 credits total

Whats everyones thoughts
    Thanks
    Rachel

Hi Rachel,

I am doing this at the moment, nearly finished the book just on the meaty chapter 5.

I have not done it before but it looks fairly straight forward, I think chapter 5 and the last chapter are ones to watch out for and I know there will be a question popping up about chapter 1 such as the three pillars!

Happy to pair up to study if you want?

• Hi

I did this just using my AF4 notes and all the PCIAM past papers.

The exam itself is not too bad - Section A is easy, Section C (Case Study) is testing but can have some nice questions in it - Section B the essay part is the hardest!!

You are either lucky or unlucky if you get an essay question that has come up before as they sometimes repeat themselves! I was unlucky not to get a previous essay question - but still passed the exam - thankfully!

• @DSCFConsultingLtd said:

@Rwood93 said:
    Hi all

Whats everyones thoughts
    Thanks
    Rachel

Hi Rachel,

I am doing this at the moment, nearly finished the book just on the meaty chapter 5.

I have not done it before but it looks fairly straight forward, I think chapter 5 and the last chapter are ones to watch out for and I know there will be a question popping up about chapter 1 such as the three pillars!

Happy to pair up to study if you want?

Thanks for your reply!

That would be good :) struggling to find people who have done/doing this route!

My email is rwood0343@gmail.com

Thanks
    Rachel

• I took PCIAMs in 2015. I was approaching it from an investment background (IAD and IMC) so I needed to put more effort into the financial planning side of things.

If you're already a working paraplanner, you may have an advantage in terms of the breadth of your knowledge. I saw an AF4 paper sometime after my PCIAMs and it looked more focussed and simpler in comparison. PCIAMs covers a fair bit - worth checking the syllabus.