AF & J0 Pairing

ConorBrownConorBrown Member
edited December 2019 in CPD & Exams

Hi, just recently attained my Diploma and want to work towards level 6 & Chartered. From what I have read in the forum it seems to make sense to pair AF & J0 exams and sit each of the exams around the same time. I was just looking some general advice from those who have done this or are doing this and what AF/R0 exams they are pairing.

Comments

• AF4 goes with J10 and J12. You get 70 credits from one study text, plus the two J papers are both FCA 'appropriate qualifications' for the purposes of DFM and stockbroking respectively. No brainer (especially if someone else is paying!). I did AF4 then sat the other two back to back one day while I was waiting for the result.

If you've just sat R06 then hitting AF5 first has worked for some because it's a similar style of paper.

The business pairing is AF2 and J03, I think @DanAtkinsonUK did this.

Benjamin Fabi 
  • If you're looking at pensions, then J05 and AF7 are good together. AF8 is similar in content to J05 I understand as it's broader than AF7 but it's coursework and I've seen varying feedback on this particular qualification. It's probably best to get a steer on this from someone who has actually taken AF8!

• Thanks for the info guys, much appreciated.