R06 January

Hi Everyone,

I'm taking my R06 exam in January and thought it would be good to get a group going for anyone also taking the exam then.

Who else is taking R06 at the start of next year?
@laura0604

Steven

Comments

• I’m in Steven. Need all the help I can get 😂
  • I will be sitting it too. I'm keen to book on to a 1 or 2 day course where they go through the likely questions and how to answer the questions and I'd be interested to hear from people who have done one of these courses and which ones are useful?

• I’m all signed up for it! Sitting R05 on Friday and then I’ll start on R06, although not quite sure where to start! It’s been so long since I’ve done a written exam, much more nervous about this one that any of the others.

I don’t know anything about day courses, but I’ve been looking into the various case study analyses that will be available, like BrandFT, Redmill Advance and Wizard Learning etc, and I’d definitely be up for sharing the material if we could coordinate it between so we’re covered? I’m sure a lot of the material is the same but I’m always of the opinion that the more I have the better prepared I feel!

How is everyone planning on studying for this one?
  • Hi, I'm looking to sit in January too and would like to join any study groups? Also keen for feedback on which analysis people prefer... Also does anyone feel it's useful to use the RO6 CII textbook at all?

Thanks, Lucy

• I wouldn't waste your time with reading the book and I would definitely go with Brand over Redmill.

Also, before you get the case analysis just go through all the past papers and just try and memorise the answers, there isn't much else you can do until the analysis is released.

• @Dxm87 said:
    I wouldn't waste your time with reading the book and I would definitely go with Brand over Redmill.

Also, before you get the case analysis just go through all the past papers and just try and memorise the answers, there isn't much else you can do until the analysis is released.

Brilliant, I thought that was the most logical route to go. Currently going through past papers and making notes and take it from there.

• I passed R05 on Friday so took the weekend off from studying but will be jumping into R06 this week!

I was considering the Wizard Learning Expected Solution package as I've heard good things and we have a corporate account through work so I won't have to pay full price - would anyone be interested in arrangement where we swap solutions? I've heard such good things about Brand that I still would like to have a look at it but don't want to buy both! If someone else is buying Brand I'd be happy to send on the Wizard Learning analysis to share the knowledge?

• @laura0604 said:
    I passed R05 on Friday so took the weekend off from studying but will be jumping into R06 this week!

I was considering the Wizard Learning Expected Solution package as I've heard good things and we have a corporate account through work so I won't have to pay full price - would anyone be interested in arrangement where we swap solutions? I've heard such good things about Brand that I still would like to have a look at it but don't want to buy both! If someone else is buying Brand I'd be happy to send on the Wizard Learning analysis to share the knowledge?

Hi Laura,

I'm going to buy the Brand analysis- i feel it's going to be needed and would be interested in sharing, I'm sure we can't be too informed (fingers crossed)

• Great! I'm all signed up for Wizard now so hopefully between them they should have most things covered. I'm definitely someone who likes to have as much as possible to study from!

I'll drop you a message with my email :smile:

• pwallpwall Member

Ive just received the case studies, what are everyones thoughts?

• How did everyone find it?Getting ready to resit or feeling confident 😀
  • KnottygrKnottygr Member

How did everyone do?

• So I made this discussion in November but turned out I couldn't make the January date so I am now doing this is April!

I will be making a new discussion for anyone in the same boat working towards that date.

QUICK QUESTION: Is there any work that I should be doing before then or can you not do anything until the case studies are sent out 2 weeks before? I've done R01-R05 so I have all the books which I assume R06 will be testing on or am I wrong?

I have seen on the CII website there is a study text for this exam itself but is that just an overview of everything i've already learnt and therefore a waste of money?!

Thanks!

@Knottygr ? :)

• scottyscotty Member
    I sat and passed the January sitting.
    I did nothing until the case studies were released, then just pretty much tried to memorise the Brand analysis.
    I had only sat R04 and R05 before attempting this one.

Happy to forward on the January analysis if you want? I thought Brand were fantastic 👍
  • Well done @scotty , that’s good to hear as R04 and R05 were my recent passes.

Yes please! Could you email it to [email protected]

Thanks a lot
  • Was also due to sit January but the thought of studying over December put me off. Already signed up for April- would greatly appreciate any materials you don't mind sharing @scotty (and well done for passing).

• NicoleNicole Member
    Hi there does anyone has any r04 mocks they are able to email ?
    I take it in two weeks and struggling
    My email is [email protected]
    Thanks