How do you present your reports?

We currently have an antiquated comb binder and we're looking to update to perhaps a heat binder, obviously we portal as much as we can, but some clients still prefer paper.

How do you all package your reports? Any recommendations?

Ruth Baker

Comments

• amarshallamarshall Member, Moderator

We've got a heat binder and its terrible. The pages don't settle into the glue evenly and often fall out when (if?) the clients try to read the report!

I'm all for only producing paper reports on request and all the rest to go via our portal but at the moment that is just a pipe-dream.

I'm very interested to hear of other systems that work well!

• We changed to a metal comb binder earlier this year. Looks much better for paper based reports.

We've started using our portal for review reports where we can.

• Would a metal binder really give your firm a competitive edge? In my firm, I would say no and wouldn't be worth the changing equipment. I also like the ease of swapping out a page or adding additional enclosures in a comb.
  • Do you use the plastic combs? That's what we used but a change of branding meant that the metal ones look much better. But it does mean you have to be sure that it's the final document! :-)

• Thanks all - yes we only bind the final final document, so perhaps I will suggest metal combs rather than a heat binder after that review!

Thanks again

Ruth Baker