Percentage of firms that use cashflow planning

I was asked by my boss to find out if there was a statistic that measured the percentage of advisers/planner firms that use lifetime cashflow plannning with their clients. I'm not sure if its anything the industry measures but would be good to find out if such a statistic does exist. Cheers.

Comments

• I expect Professional Paraplanner might have some data on that - they have some sort of statistics data each month in their magazine, and there maybe something on their website.

• It's probably lower than you'd imagine for those that do use it.

Having knowledge of how many use cashflow is useful, so you can claim to be a trailblazer if you do it too. But if the adviser wants to see if they need to do it, that's the wrong approach. He/She definitely should be doing it!

• @arongunningham said:
    It's probably lower than you'd imagine for those that do use it.

Having knowledge of how many use cashflow is useful, so you can claim to be a trailblazer if you do it too. But if the adviser wants to see if they need to do it, that's the wrong approach. He/She definitely should be doing it!

Absolutely!

Ruth Baker

• Difficult to gauge as a lot of firms now say they use it i.e. they have the licence and its a good selling tool, however, you would be surprised how many actually use this properly (IMO).

• Thanks - I'll have a look at Professional Paraplanner. We do use cashflow and wanted to see what % of the industry also did.

• @Nath said:
    Difficult to gauge as a lot of firms now say they use it i.e. they have the licence and its a good selling tool, however, you would be surprised how many actually use this properly (IMO).

It's the bedrock of what we do. I agree there will be a difference between those who say they have it and those who use it day in day out with client plans.

• I'm reentering the profession after a long absence but used cashflow modelling in all life scenarios over twenty five years ago, we never arranged a life assurance for a round number and (as a then tied agent) placed tons of PHI/IPI, I'd say it was critical and in the ultra low interest/prospective negative returns on other assets era of today if you don't use it in the retirement scenario how can anyone possibly advocate IHT planning.