Diploma in Financial Planning vs Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning

According to CII I have different outstanding credits before I am diploma qualified - I have 10 credits left to achieve before I reach the Diploma in Financial Planning stage, however would need 50 more to achieve the Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning.

I have just booked R04 to finish off the Diploma and saw that the route that I am on , according to the CII, is suited to Paraplanners and support roles whereas when you look at the Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning it is suited for Paraplanners and Advisers.

Should I ever wish to move into the advice world please tell me that the Diploma in Financial Planning would be sufficient?!

Comments

• Yep it's fine. I think the newer 'regulated' version was created just for new advisers to go through the R01-R06 route more simply. But they are exactly the same grade.

• I am thinking of moving into an advice role but a bit of research is showing the Gap fill tool on the CII website. I think I might have to do a bit of Gap fill because I will have achieved my level 4 through doing FPC1, FPC2, FPC3, R01, R02, R04, R05 and J09. I will need to do something for my tax gap fill to get my SPS.

Some of the tax gap fill I have already achieved and some of them I think should have marked as complete by the qualifications that I have done - but how do you go about Gap fill.

Does anyone have any experience in this? I have attended a lot of structured learning that I am planning on uploading.