AF4 - 7th March sitting

Hi
Just wondering if anyone sat the exam last week and, if so, what they thought of the paper.

Caz

Comments

• res1991res1991 Member

Hi Caz,

I took sat the exam also. Overall, i thought it was ok. Not many calculations, but the ones that came up e.g. diluted nav, i hadn't really prepared for.

Based on the previous exam guides, it was inline with my expectations. A lot of questions i think i did well, but there was also some i know i didn't perform well. Literally have no idea if i have done enough to pass.

I did spend a lot of time doing past exam guides which i do think was invaluable for my prep however

How do you think it went?

• Asc123Asc123 Member

@res1991 said:
    Hi Caz,

I took sat the exam also. Overall, i thought it was ok. Not many calculations, but the ones that came up e.g. diluted nav, i hadn't really prepared for.

Based on the previous exam guides, it was inline with my expectations. A lot of questions i think i did well, but there was also some i know i didn't perform well. Literally have no idea if i have done enough to pass.

I did spend a lot of time doing past exam guides which i do think was invaluable for my prep however

How do you think it went?

I would mostly agree with this. As time goes on I keep thinking back and I know I have made some silly mistakes but fingers crossed it was enough to pass.

I was glad about there not being many company calculations but I know I messed up the diluted Nav calculation.

I spent the last month beforehand doing past papers and revising any knowledge gaps. Just a long wait til the 3rd May but doing J10 in the meantime :)

• petorbpetorb Member
    edited April 5

I sat it and I actually think it was ok too. The diluted NAV one got me, as did stochastic modelling (seriously?!) and friendly societies (again, seriously?!) but otherwise I think everything else was ok. I think I got the EIS one which felt good as it was quite hefty and (most of) the others were quite bread and buttery, I thought.

I have sat it before and failed it so this time I took it a lot more seriously and made sure I at least attempted stuff to try and speak some marks out...

It's a v. long wait for a result though, well annoying.

• Thanks for the replies. Same here really. Seems a long time ago now!
    Some easy marks, some stupid mistakes.
    My feelings about whether I've done enough to pass change daily. I literally have no clue.
    I think I would be surprised to have passed but I'm a perfectionist and have a tendancy to be pessimistic so we'll see.
    I'll be on here on or around results day to see how everyone got on.
    Fingers crossed

• To add some variety of answers.. I thought it was horrendous haha. I studied for 5 months, followed a structured training programme, did well in exam condition past papers and for some reason felt like I completely fell apart in the exam! Lesson learned, you can prep as much as you want but it's sometimes your luck on the day... anyway, fingers crossed for results day!

Best of luck with the results everyone!!

• There were definitely more than a few curveballs! The fact I didn't need my scientific calclulator really threw me - I almost felt I could be in the wrong exam at times.
    My handwriting/presentation went down the pan quite quickly and I lost my confidence - I think the examiner marking my paper will probably think I'm a bit of an idiot!
    That, coupled with a much too warm exam room and major building work going on in the hotel, made it my worse CII exam experience yet - the only way is up :)