Cii- AF4 & J10

Hi everyone,

This is my first post here.

I’ve found some of the discussions extremely helpful in my progression.

I am looking to become a Chartered financial planner over the next few years.

I’ve finished sitting my ER1 and CF8 this month. I’m now currently sitting on 150 credits.

I‘ve been reading some of the forums talk about ‘Double bubble’. I’ve taken the plunge and ordered AF4 tonight.

Would you say it’s best to do J10 before AF4 in October 2023 or push forward and do AF4 then J10 & J12 after?

Any help, advice or tips would be really welcomed.

Thank you,

Steve

Comments

• Hi Steve

I did J10 a couple of weeks before AF4 as I felt that doing J10 would identify any gaps in my knowledge for last minute AF4 preparation. Passed both relatively comfortably so worked for me. I stupidly didn't do J12 at the same time though much to my regret now (I have no desire to pick up the books again anytime soon!)

My only tip from a few years ago is to not spend too much time on the AF4 book and spend more time with the J10 and J12 books, and AF4 past papers. Some of the case studies in the AF4 book were frightening. When I managed to pick up a load of past papers it was clear that the case studies in the actual AF4 exam were decidedly easier! Not sure if that has changed more recently though?

Good luck with the study!

Tom

• > @TomLloyd_Read said:
    > Hi Steve
    >
    > I did J10 a couple of weeks before AF4 as I felt that doing J10 would identify any gaps in my knowledge for last minute AF4 preparation. Passed both relatively comfortably so worked for me. I stupidly didn't do J12 at the same time though much to my regret now (I have no desire to pick up the books again anytime soon!)
    >
    > My only tip from a few years ago is to not spend too much time on the AF4 book and spend more time with the J10 and J12 books, and AF4 past papers. Some of the case studies in the AF4 book were frightening. When I managed to pick up a load of past papers it was clear that the case studies in the actual AF4 exam were decidedly easier! Not sure if that has changed more recently though?
    >
    > Good luck with the study!
    >
    > Tom

Hi Tom,

Thanks so much for the response. I will 100% be looking to do J10 and J12 before AF4 then.

Thanks for the advice on the past papers too. I feel like I’m getting hung up on it been a level 6. I’ll get the past papers looked in to.

Thank you again. Really appreciate it.

Steve