RO Exams - Mock Exams Best External Providers

Hi All,

I was just wondering if anyone has any advice about which external providers they found had the best mock exam questions available to purchase - I suppose in best I am thinking of which ones are most like the CII exam format and which ones helped you to pass. Sitting my R02 next month and looking to purchase some more exam papers for practice but from what I have seen of samples there does seem to be quite a big difference in the wording / styles and I would like to get as close to CII style as possible for practice!
Thanks
Victoria

Comments

• If you want to be as close to CII as possible, then the CII past papers will be best. I used Revision Mate via my CII login, which allowed me to do past papers online in the same way that the exam itself works.

I have also found the Brand stuff to be really good, but I only had the PDFs which meant I had to write my answers on paper and then check the answers at the end.

Brand calculation workbook is also very useful.

• edited October 2022

A vote from me for the CII question banks - although I was seriously panicking with R04 the night before when I was struggling to scrape 50%.

The great think with the CII questions are they link directly to the part of the study text that the question is about, which means you can focus more on the bit that you got wrong, rather than trying to find something in a whole chapter (useful for those sentences that tend to be hidden away and forgotten in the endless walls of text!)

• I'd definitely also go for CII past papers/mock exams. However, (it's been 4 ish years since I did the R0s so things may have changed since) I found that sometimes the CII question packs were significantly harder/more convoluted than the actual exam itself. So take them with a pinch of salt - best of luck with R02!

• @VictoriaMaclachlan said:
    Hi All,

I was just wondering if anyone has any advice about which external providers they found had the best mock exam questions available to purchase - I suppose in best I am thinking of which ones are most like the CII exam format and which ones helped you to pass. Sitting my R02 next month and looking to purchase some more exam papers for practice but from what I have seen of samples there does seem to be quite a big difference in the wording / styles and I would like to get as close to CII style as possible for practice!
    Thanks
    Victoria

Do you have R01 study material.

• Hi, there's a company called Competent Advisor who were recommended to me recently:

https://www.competentadviser.com/enhance-knowledge/

I enquired via email and they sent me this which looks pretty good:

"We do indeed offer qualification support for R03. This is at a cost of £55 + VAT per module, per person. This will give you access to our system for 3 months.

When signing up to the qualification support on our system:

• You will have access to A Personal Development Programme (Learning and Testing Assignments within) which is designed to help users prepare for their exams.
    • You are given unlimited attempts to pass each test, so if you fail you can keep practising.
    • We also have a 100% version which allows you to continue practicing as long as you get one question wrong.
    • You can review all your results and see the areas of learning you need more practice on."

Sounds like a pretty good deal - I did consider it but I've decided not to myself as I was more looking for a place to discuss the material if I struggled with the understanding (so The Big Tent is the one for me :smile:)

Jen x