Voyant - Adviser or Adviser Go?

Hello,

Historically, I have used Voyant adviser for inputting details of a plan and then used Voyant Adviser Go to present to the client. However, I am finding myself using Voyant Go for the inputting as well, as it is very intuitive.

I'm trying to think of a reason why you would use Adviser over Adviser Go and can't really think of any.

I have some new starters next month and am wondering if I just train them on Adviser Go, or am I forgetting something important?

Thoughts welcome.

Comments

• I use Go pretty much full time now. But there are lots of things it can't do still.

For example, you can't set up offest mortgages, or home equity plans.
    There are many examples of reduced advanced settings in Go, although it gets more feature rich every month.

That said, Go is far easier to break in the uninitiated, and then you can move into Adviser as needed.
    Benjamin Fabi 
  • I try to use GO as much as possible now, but as Benjamin has said, there are still a number of items it can't handle. Some of the more advanced settings are still not on there.

In addition, if you are not paying for the branded version, then every plan built on GO needs to have the plan settings individually added every time. As we don't have the branded version, I add the client names in adviser and then go into GO to add the rest. This then pulls over our system settings correctly, including our market crash scenarios.

• Thank you.

I think I will train them to input in Adviser, and present using Go.

Once you master the inputting in Adviser, the inputting in Go is quite intuitive.

Thanks for your thoughts.

• Speaking with Voyant, when we switched to GO from Adviser at the start of the year, their future development will all be focused on GO. The assumption being therefore Adviser will become obsolete at some point in the future.