Electronically Signing Documents

Hi All,

I’ve been tasked with looking into options for sending documents electronically to clients that they can then digitally sign and return.

We currently use XPlan as a back office system which offers a Client Portal however we haven’t been too impressed and would like to see if there are any better options available.

Please could you let me know what solutions you use or have used and would or wouldn’t recommend.

Thanks in advance.

Claire

Comments

• I know a few people that are using Docusign, although I personally haven't had experience of using them

• Adobe E-Sign for us.

A couple of reasons why we use Adobe over DocuSign:

1. The license provides access to Adobe Reader Pro tools (edit PDF, convert PDF to word, combine PDF, password protect PDF etc)
    2. Cost. Adobe works out lower cost overall. From memory, DocuSign required a minimum of five licenses (we are only two users).
  • I've had a look at Docusign. It's an add on for Intelliflo but regardless of that, I think this is definitely what we'll be using in the future.

• Anna03Anna03 Member

Much like @ChrisHindle1 we use Adobe e-sign as we also benefit from the additional tools and functionality. Haven't used DocuSign myself but Adobe works perfectly fine

• CaroCaro Member

I've got Adobe PDF Reader Pro and you can sign that one too, plus it's v reasonable if that's all you want it for.

• We are iO users and use their client portal and docusign a lot (even more so since lockdown).

Jonny (paraflex)
  • I'm an IO user, so sorry for my ignorance, but can you add a document to the portal the client > the client gets an email to say it's there > They open and docusign it > then it's back on the portal again signed?

• @arongunningham yes you can do this but you need to set the document up first in DocuSign as I understand it. You get basic access to DocuSign through IO store but it doesn't allow for checkboxes or anything more than just a signature. Apparently they are working on that functionality just now though. We are currently using DocuSign separately as I find it easier than having to faff about with document designer.