Unipass for outsourced paraplanners

I need to get a quote from Prudential, but the only way it can be done is through Unipass; my client has a Chromebook which means he can't get a quote from them either.

Obviously in-house paraplanners can get Unipass with no problem, but can outsourced paraplanners have this? (How) does this work with multiple IFAs/agencies?

This is something else that I didn't even consider to be a thing when I started!!!

Comments

• Did you manage to get around this in the end Andy? Have you spoken to Unipass?

It's not something I've thought about either!

• richallumrichallum Administrator

You can get a Unipass but it must be under the adviser's FCA reference and you can only ever have one on your computer.

Paraplanner. F1, Apple, Nutella, ice cream. No trite motivational quotes. Turning a bit northern. 

• edited October 2019

It also turns out that the only browser that you can collect it on is Internet Explorer. A bit of a paradox, for a company that issues such a security key to insist that you use a browser that has more holes than Rab C Nesbitt's string vest...

Useful to know about the one certificate on a computer though - thanks for the heads up @richallum

• Haha yes, Unipass seems to actually be more hassle than it's worth in the freelance world!

• Prudential are committed to Unipass (so they told me today) so they'll be missing out on business as a result