AF Exams - 2 in one go?

Has anyone had experience of either doing two AF exams in one go or two exams on the same day?

Ideally, I want to study from June/July onwards for my first AF exam and am thinking of sitting AF1 on the 7th October and AF5 on the 9th October

or:

AF1 on the AM on the 7th October and J02 on the PM on the 7th October (as J02 ties in with the AF1 content).

I am very good at study planning and ensuring I am prepared and organise with my revision and ideally i want to get these done sooner rather than later due to possible family changes in the next few years. Is either of the above situations possible? I wouldn't do the next two chartered ones at the same time but I feel I might be able to fully focus on AF1 then give AF5 a chance and see if I could pass it!

Many thanks!

Comments

• I did J05 and AF7 on consecutive days in October as there is a fair amount of overlap in the 2 subjects, but I wouldn't recommend it for 2 AF exams. I am sure there are people who do manage it but I would prefer to concentrate on getting through one at a time, even if it does take a bit longer.
    I had to resit AF7 in April and am not planning on moving to the next one until that is nailed

• Hi,

I did AF3 & AF7 on same day last April. It was tough mentally to go back after lunch and write for a further two hours but I did it and passed both.

I too am planning AF1 and AF5 in October if you fancy a study buddy? I’ve started revising for AF1 now as a big summer holiday in July that I want to enjoy study free! I am using Expert Pensions study programme which was great for AFs last year.

• SW1990SW1990 Member

@julesstewart1983 said:
    Hi,

I did AF3 & AF7 on same day last April. It was tough mentally to go back after lunch and write for a further two hours but I did it and passed both.

I too am planning AF1 and AF5 in October if you fancy a study buddy? I’ve started revising for AF1 now as a big summer holiday in July that I want to enjoy study free! I am using Expert Pensions study programme which was great for AFs last year.

Ah amazing well done you must have smashed that! Okay cool I may just give it a go and see! focus mostly on AF1 and then give AF5 a crack! Ah really, i will look into expert study programme as haven't heard of it before and yes up for being study buddy!

• SW1990SW1990 Member

@Andy_Schleider said:
    I did J05 and AF7 on consecutive days in October as there is a fair amount of overlap in the 2 subjects, but I wouldn't recommend it for 2 AF exams. I am sure there are people who do manage it but I would prefer to concentrate on getting through one at a time, even if it does take a bit longer.
    I had to resit AF7 in April and am not planning on moving to the next one until that is nailed

Ah fingers crossed for AF7! Are your results in June? Good luck :)

• Morning,

Yep that’s my plan too - AF1 until we get the case study for AF5 then focus on that. We can only try! If I get these two then I’ll be Chartered so am keen to manage it.

Will PM about study buddies 😁
  • SW1990SW1990 Member

@julesstewart1983 said:
    Morning,

Yep that’s my plan too - AF1 until we get the case study for AF5 then focus on that. We can only try! If I get these two then I’ll be Chartered so am keen to manage it.

Will PM about study buddies 😁

Ah perfect - yes definitely PM me!

• Also looking for Study buddies as well :smile: In the exact same boat as you

• SW1990SW1990 Member

@AndyRichards said:
    Also looking for Study buddies as well :smile: In the exact same boat as you

Perfect the more the merrier!